It does have "red beans" but it doesn't look so red. Used this recipe and liked it pretty well. After I put it together and it was simmering on the stove, Mark said, "I love red beans and rice!" How did I not know that? At any rate, I used the food processor as directed in the recipe and it came together pretty quickly. I let it cook for 2.5 hours and the beans were definately soft, but they never disintergrated like they were suppose to. I even used the fancy smancy dried Goya beans. Still good. Next time I need to remember to salt the rice. I served it with Vegan Cornbread.
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Red Beans and Rice
It does have "red beans" but it doesn't look so red. Used this recipe and liked it pretty well. After I put it together and it was simmering on the stove, Mark said, "I love red beans and rice!" How did I not know that? At any rate, I used the food processor as directed in the recipe and it came together pretty quickly. I let it cook for 2.5 hours and the beans were definately soft, but they never disintergrated like they were suppose to. I even used the fancy smancy dried Goya beans. Still good. Next time I need to remember to salt the rice. I served it with Vegan Cornbread.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I also love red beans and rice! Mark's a man after my own heart. :-)
Post a Comment