Friday, December 18, 2009

Peppermint Cookie Pops

I found this recipe on my Cooking Light message board. I was looking for something different, yet fancy-smancy and impressive looking. Oh, and also easy enough for my kids to help me with. This one seemed all of those. I actually planned to make these at a different time, but alas, we were instructed to bring a "goodie" to James's Christmas program the next day. Time to assemble the troops and put them to work:

Photobucket

They did a good job, so they got a reward:

Photobucket

This was Andy's first experience with cookie dough...he liked it!

Photobucket

The recipe calls for lollipop sticks, but I couldn't find any. I hear they have some at Michael's, but I improvised with popsicle sticks. I made the cookies a little bigger...not really on purpose, but I think it worked with the popsicle sticks.

Photobucket

Now, these were just your basic cookie, but it had a lot of brown sugar. I just think this would be a prettier christmas cookie if it was more white...or chocolate ;) I would not make as written again, but the kids loved their "cookie pops"!

Photobucket

No comments: