Saturday, March 26, 2011

Quinoa Stuffed Peppers

I was also looking for a non-side dish way to use quinoa, and tried this recipe.

It took a little time to prepare the quinoa, but I made it up during naptime/quiet time and also stuffed the peppers. Once stuffed, I put them in the oven with the timer on and came home to a hot dinner.

Photobucket

I only made 2 peppers and will restuff and bake fresh peppers when we have leftovers. I topped mine as directed in the recipe (vegan style) and topped Mark's with real cheese. This was pretty good. The quinoa was actually seasoned just about perfectly. When I make these again, I will probably salt and pepper the peppers as well. The recipe suggests serving them with gucamole and I hope to do that too, but I thought these were great with a side salad.

No comments: