Saturday, May 14, 2011

Easy Caramelized Onion and Fennel Tart

Photobucket

I think I am a sucker for anything on a puffed pastry. It is so easy and looks so fancy. However, I feel like I am also disappointed in the taste. Oh well. Used this recipe as a base, but I have a confession. I am a foodie. I cannot caramelize onions to save my life. I have tried over and over, so I found the best way to do them is the crock pot. Simply slice up a bunch of onions and put in crock pot. Top with butter (or maragarine) and cook on low for 24 hours.

Photobucket

Your house may get a little smelly at this point, but ta-da! Caramelized onions!

Photobucket

Back to the recipe, so I sauted the fennel until browned, then added the onions and then topped the pastry with them. It was pretty good, but I probably wouldn't make it again.

Photobucket

No comments: