Sunday, February 24, 2013

Pressure Cooker Easy Ziti With Sausage

  photo d825a04a-55ab-4467-8b51-0e49ded2861b_zpsf331039a.jpg

So, this pressure cooker is my dad's thing.   It was only fitting that I use the pressure cooker to make him his birthday dinner.  My dad is pretty suspicious of anything I made because I used to be (and sometimes still am) a "vay-gan".  That's how he says it.  At any rate, I thought a sausage pasta dish would be something that everyone could agree on.  For the most part that is true, but James's doesn't like meat or pasta-with-sauce, so he just had more salad.  Yeah, I know.  This one came together pretty easily, but for some reason, it seemed to take a long time getting up to "high pressure".  I might have shorted the cooking time a bit, but for the most part, I think everything was cooked just right.  The result did not look so good.  Reminded me of something we used to get in the dorms, some hamburger helper wannabe.  But the taste was pretty good.  Not outstanding, but pretty good.  One major sub, I did not have any fresh bells peppers like I thought I did, so subbed some roasted peppers instead.

No comments: