Friday, December 14, 2007

Chipotle Cashew Chicken with Brown Rice



Saw this one on an episode of 30 minute meals and just had to try it. It falls into the "quick and easy" category. After our hot, sour, salty, sweet challenge, this seems rather low brow, but I love the contrasting tastes and textures. I think the reason this one comes together so quickly is that after the chicken and the vegtables are cooked, you make a glaze instead of a sauce so it doesn't have to cook together. I made regular brown rice in the oven (2 cups brown rice, 1tsp salt, 3 cups boiling water, bake in 375 degree oven for an hour) to serve it over. The recipe calls for raw cashews, which I can never find, so I just use the roasted ones.

The picture is thanks to the food network.

2 comments:

Robin said...

I make brown rice a lot but never knew you could bake it. I'll have to try out the method next time!

Mel said...

Did you like it?