Thursday, December 6, 2007

Quick and Easy - Chicken Strips for Grown Ups


I think I'm the last person in America to have seen the movie, Supersize Me. I just finished watching it the other day - incredible. I normally have zero craving for anything McDonalds and even more so now after watching the movie. But, I must admit I found myself clipping this Chicken Strips for Grown Ups recipe out of a food magazine this morning and made it tonight. It satisfied my nuggets craving for now.

Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Serves 4

4 oz. flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
2 eggs, beaten
2 oz. sesame seeds
4 oz. bread crumbs
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut into strips or 1lb chicken strips
oil for frying
5 T, sweet chilli dipping sauce

Preheat the oven to 400 F. Start by prepping 3 bowls: one of the well seasoned flour, the next with 2 beaten eggs and last with the sesame seeds and breadcrumbs mixed together. Dip the chicken strips first into the flour, then the egg, then the crumb mixture. Put them onto a tray in the fridge until you are ready to cook them.

Heat some vegetable oil in a large saute pan about 1/2" deep. Fry the chicken in batches, removing them to a baking sheet once browned. Put in the oven in a small roasting tin to cook through for 5 minutes. While the chicken is still warm, toss with the sweet chili sauce and transfer to a serving platter.

4 comments:

Mel said...

I can promise that you are not the last person to see that movie. I still haven't seen it yet.....

KAJ said...

Those look delicious!! How is Germany? A good friend of mine just started a 3 month stint in Budapest. Is that close to you? :)

Robin said...

It takes everything not to go off about how miserable northern Germany is right now (with the rainy weather EVERYDAY) but then I think of all the christmas markets and it makes it the most perfect place this time of year (more on the christmas markets to come). Budapest is not close (probably a 12 hour drive at least) but I've heard it's a beautiful, romantic city that was, for the most part, spared during the war. I've recently heard that they were sick of being the "cheap destination" for vacationers and have created a "tourist price" for everything ... meaning a glass of beer is 1.50 for a Budapester but 7 euros for a non-local. This includes cab fare, food, drinks, etc. So this has kind of turned me off to visiting Budapest for now.

wirrek said...

You should read Fast Food Nation. That is also eye opening. However, with my 15 month old, I have no second thoughts about lunch at chick fil a. How soon you forget. I was looking for something to make with chicken for dinner...this might be it.