Thursday, October 15, 2009

Pork Lo Mein

I was recently following this thread, because it also annoyings me that ATK and CI do not allow for easy access to their recipes. But in this internet age, all you have to do is ask the right people and there you have it. Anyways, I was inspired to make the Pork Lo Mein that ended up being posted.

Photobucket

I did really like this one and it came out looking pretty authentic (ie was made in a real fake chinese restaurant like Pei Wei). My only complaint was that I felt the 5-spice powder was overwhelming. I don't think it really was, I just feel it was. I use the Penzy's 5 spice powder and there is just too much cinnamon for me. Mark really like it. He said, "this is pretty good." which is an overwhelming compliment for him. I served it with the crunch edamame that KAJ posted.

Photobucket

No comments: