Monday, March 29, 2010

Layed Chicken Enchiladas with Tomatillo-Cilantro Sauce

Photobucket

When trying to come up with things to make for this challenge, I thought this would be a good excuse to make some good enchiladas. I did a regular search and found this recipe on page two of my google results.

It was "layered" to make assembly easier. SOLD!

Although there were a lot of little steps to put this together, it still is a pretty simple recipe. I though the tomatillo sauce was great.

Photobucket

The only change I really made was to add some chedder cheese. The recipe calls only for fresh mozerrella, but I only bought half of the needed amount. I thought the chedder cheese added some extra flavor. Also, I used all of the sauce in making the enchiladas.

The recipes instructs you to make it in a 9 x 13 pan. I never make anything in a 9 x 13 pan. I always break it up into 2 and freeze one.

Photobucket

I thought this turned out pretty good....maybe it needed a bit more salt. I served it with refried beans and chips. Chips because I felt it needed something.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Lauren P said...

Holly Toledo this looks good! Somehow it ended up in my "Naptime" Feeder and I had to come find it! I think I'll be making this in the near future.