Monday, April 12, 2010

Plain Ole Pepperoni

Photobucket

Mark's parents were here this weekend and well, I will just say they really like pepperoni pizza. I did want to make something for the challenge, so that is what I made. Here is the dough recipe I use with my bread machine:

1 tsp dried yeast
16 3/4 oz bread flour (I used 3 cups - have used AP as well)
1 TB milk powder
1 3/4 TB sugar
1 TB butter
11 3/4 oz water (almost 1.5 cups)

I think the milk powder just gives it a richer texture. Anyways, after the dough is done, I roll it out and prick it with a fork. If you like thick crust, make 1 pizza, thin, you can get 3. I usually get 2. If it is is just us for dinner, I use half and freeze the other half for later.

After rolling out, I go ahead and bake just the crust at 400 for 8-10 minutes. Then I top and bake an additional 10-12 minutes.

Photobucket

No comments: