Sunday, June 6, 2010

Lao Yellow Rice with Duck

Photobucket

This past week I was at Whole Foods to pick up two things. While in search of my spanish chorizo, I saw some frozen duck breasts when suddenly this challenge and this recipe Robin made in 2007 popped in my head. I grabbed the package and we finished our shopping. Boy was I happy when I got home that this was a pretty easy recipe with ingredients I had on hand!

My picture isn't as good as Robin's, but this was a great meal. To be honest, this is only the second time I have ever ate duck, and it is ok...a little gamey. But this rice was really incrediable. I halved most of the recipe and it was plenty. Even Mark kept raving about the rice.

Oh, one more thing....I served this with an avacado. That totally doesn't go. I pulled out some green beans to steam, but they were BAD. I found an avacado that was ripe and ya know, you got to eat them!

No comments: