Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Beer Can Chicken

For Father's Day was was just trying to come up with some simple yet tasty foods that Mark would like for dinner. He really loves chicken that is not dry and I had planned on trying beer can chicken for the first time. The day before I made it it dawned on me that KAJ had made this recipe for our double duty challenge. BONUS! All I had to do is remember to take pictures and it counts!

This ended up being a very easy thing to make. I rubbed Penzey's Northwood Seasoning over the bird, used miller lite and a contraption that my mom got me a few years ago, grilled it for an hour and a half and tada...dinner is done. I did add extra charcoal about halfway through and probably left the chicken in a little too long. Everything turned out fine though. Here is the before picture:

Photobucket

and the after:

Photobucket

Ok, I think I am all caught up now!

1 comment:

Vivian Thiele said...

how can I become part of your challenge? It seems interesting! Love your blog!