Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Great Summer Salad


Remember our fresh and local farmer's market challenge last summer? Well, this one submitted by KristiB, a Summer Mediterranean Supper Salad, has been on my list for a while now and I just got around to it last night. Another HIT ... we loved the salad!!! And, this dish took no heating up of the stove or oven ... which is great because it is really heating up here and we have no A/C in the apartment so the thought of cooking is not something I feel like doing in the afternoon.

I couldn't find celery decent enough to buy nor sugar snap peas so I subbed a small head of mini romaine salad and had to use a couple of sardine fillets for the anchovy because I also couldn't find them at 2 different supermarkets (or else I was looking in the wrong section). It all seemed to work together. I was really concerned about the wetted down bread but they just tasted like croutons that had been splashed with vinigarette ... a great way to use up leftover bread.

2 comments:

Mel said...

If you know her sister's blog, go to it. It's very informative about "the news".

KAJ said...

Robin you are so brave. I would be hesitant about the anchovies and the not toasting the bread. You picture is very nice and it does look tasty!!