Monday, June 9, 2008

Remember this one?


Maybe not, it has been a while. This is one posted by lbmartinez in July of last year, Pasta with Lentils and Arugula. I followed the recipe as stated but subbed fennel for onion. We loved this dish ... very light tasting summer pasta dish. This is the first time I have tried a lentil sauce over pasta although I have seen many recipes. I really love it ... a wonderful vegetarian main. Next time, I may leave out the arugula or sub spinach as she did because the arugula tended to have a slightly bitter taste to it. Be generous with the salt otherwise you may end up with a bland lentil sauce.

2 comments:

wirrek said...

I don't remember this one, but I must try it! It just seems like such a good combination!

Robin said...

It was delicious and I learned that Lidia loves lentils! Which was a great find since she has become a bit picky at this stage and I've run out of new ideas.