Sunday, November 23, 2008

Chicken Tamale Casserole

Photobucket

This recipe was recently featured in Cooking Light.

I have been in the market for new casseroles. It is perfect to set up during nap time, then just program the oven to come on right before dinner, so a homemade meal is ready for me when I am ready for it. When I saw this one in the Nov issue, I knew I had to try it. It has NO canned soup, and got great reviews. It is so easy to put together, nothing to chop, just open a few cans...mix together, and taaaadaaa dinner!

Photobucket

I served mine with a guacamole salad. It wasn't as good as my mom's! Mark loved it. He told me to put it on heavy rotation, which shouldn't take long because I have half of most everything leftover.

3 comments:

KAJ said...

How do you think it would be if you just left out the chicken...I hate cooking and shredding chicken. That might be my most hated cooking experience. I feel like I have to cook two meals when I do it...

Anyways, what do you think?

Robin said...

This one looks like a great one to try! It's definitely on my list ... I missed it in the magazine. Thanks for pointing it out.

Mel said...

I made this after seeing your post and it was delicious. I tremendously enjoyed the taste and will definitely make it again.