Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Smoky-Spicy Tamale Pies

I made this recipe about two weeks ago and it was a huge hit. It was filling and delicious, although the link is a recipe for only two people. I doubled it, but then it turned out to be a ton of food, so I'm not sure. My crust was pretty think, so next time I would reduce the crust portion just a little bit. Also, I made mine in a 9x13 casserole dish instead of individual portions.

Great flavor, nutritious, and easy.

Smoky-Spicy Tamale Pies

3 comments:

wirrek said...

I saw this one in the magazine, but ruled it out since it only made 2 servings...I really need 2.5!

KAJ said...

The measurements seem tough...like baking where you really have to measure :)

4 oz ground turkey
1.1 oz flour

where do they get this stuff? :)

The ramekins I have seem too small, what did you use?

Mel said...

I just used a giant 9x13 casserole dish. I did have to write the correct measurements next to all the old ones so I wouldn't miss something. That part sucked, but the food tasted yummy!