Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Frijoles Pintos y Negros Borrachos

Photobucket

I found this recipe on my cookinglight bulletin board. It is favorite with grilled meat, especially with the rub provided on this link. I made it for my parents this past week and I think my dad really liked it. This would be a good one to make with those Rancho Gordo beans...too bad I didn't have any on hand. I like to make this during naptime and the just reheat it for dinner. I am not sure what country this comes from, but the name sounds hispanic!

Frijoles Pintos y Negros Borrachos

1 Tablespoon Oil
1/2 onion, finely diced
1 bunch green onions, minced
2 Romas, chopped
1 14 oz can pintos, rinsed
1 14 oz can black beans, rinsed
1 jalapeno
1/2 cup beer
1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
Salt


Heat the oil in a roomy skillet or saucepan over fairly high heat. Add both onions and saute slightly. Add roma tomatoes, saute another minute. Add beans, chile, beer and cilantro, lower the heat, and simmer for 15-30 minutes. Season with salt.

2 comments:

KAJ said...

This looks like it would make a good dip:) Did you serve it as a side dish or a main?

Mel said...

This sounds delicious!! Mmmm.