Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup

The original recipe was found on a can of chicken - we've since modified it to our tastes a little more. Since canned items tend to have a lot of salt, I suggest buying reduced sodium versions where possible and you could also substitue fresh chicken as well.

We've made this soup several times and always had lots of leftovers. Kevin and I can eat supper at least twice with him having leftovers for lunch at least twice. So the last time I made it, I tried freezing some. It still tasted great!

2 cans (13oz each) cooked chicken breast (drained - I also break up with a potato masher to make the pieces smaller)
2 cans (10oz each) enchilada sauce
1 can (12oz) evaporated milk
1 can (15oz) pinto beans (I drain and rinse)
1 can (10.5oz) cream of chicken soup
1 can (10.75oz) nacho cheese soup
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1 can (15.25oz) whole kernal corn (drained - I also rinse)

Combine all ingredients into a large saucepan. Heat on medium until hot, stirring occasionally.

I also sometimes add a little tabasco sauce. We thought it a little bland, but add whatever you like to spice it up a little.

We serve with shredded cheese, sour cream and crushed tortilla chips.

1 comment:

KAJ said...

That looks great! I love all the condiments you can put on an Enchilada Soup!!