Friday, November 13, 2009

Black Bean and Barley Chili

We decided chili counted right?

Photobucket

Maybe that isn't the best picture. Anyways, I made this black bean and barley chili from Michelle's food blog last year. I really enjoyed it and even Mark admitted he could understand that non-vegetarians would like this one. I think the barley gives it a similar texture to ground beef. I made it earlier this week for this challenge, part of my new monday night soup night with homemade bread item. It does take an almost an hour to cook, but it is quick to put together from various pantry items.

I served it with Best Drop Biscuits that I posted on this blog before. You absolutely must NEVER make these. They are so good you end up not caring how much butter is in them. Here is Andy eating them. My kids don't really do carbs, so we are just thrilled he is trying it.

Photobucket

No comments: