Monday, November 30, 2009

Minnesota Wild Rice Soup

Photobucket

I thought I remembered Robin posting this on the blog, but I couldn't find it. Instead I found her recipe on her recipe archive. It just sounded like a nice, healthy, hearty little soup.

So, I thought it was called "Minnesota Wild Rice Soup" because it would help keep you warm in Minnesota. Turns out, Minnesota is where they grow the wild rice...who would have thought? Also, it is pretty hard to find wild rice at the grocery store. I had to buy 2 boxes of real Minnesota Wild Rice at $3.99 each...yikes!

This was a pretty good soup. For some reason, I was thinking it would have cheese and chicken in it...I guess I have had one too many chicken and wild rice casseroles! I served it with homemade white bread. Not sure if I will make it again, but we did enjoy it.

No comments: