Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Looking for a Quick, Delicious Meal?

Then this French Onion Soup recipe is NOT for you. OMG! Talk about the longest cooking session ever. This probably would have been okay, but I didn't really plan for the commitment. I am not great at Prior Proper Planning...

First you cook the onions in the oven for over 2 hours.


Then you saute the onions for another... hour.

Then you actually add some ingredients and it has to simmer for like ...an hour!! Then you have to toast up some bread and broil with the cheese!!


Whew!! The recipe I found was nice because it had so many pictures. I knew I didn't cook mine enough when it didn't match the pictures:) My parents and I just had some and they like it...I guess it was worth it!!

1 comment:

wirrek said...

I think I made this same soup for parents last year. I also was disappointed. I think the onions need to be cooked in a lot of fat in order to caramelized.