Thursday, December 16, 2010

Random - Breakfast Soup



This is totally weird, I 'll be the first to admit.

I've been eating Miso Soup for breakfast for the last couple of weeks. With the cooler weather and all, I'm just not feeling a cold smoothie first thing in the morning. I'm also craving something savory. So, I'm going with the cravings and making a big pot of soup on Mondays and then re-heating it each day and stirring in miso into my bowl before serving.

This version of the soup has the following vegetables:
  • Daikon Radish
  • Carrots
  • Kale
  • Celery
  • Onions
  • Ginger
My kids, however, are eating oatmeal. I usually make steel-cut oats that I soak the night before. It both shortens the cooking time and may even make them more digestible (see this link). I top their bowls with almond milk and cinnamon.

1 comment:

wirrek said...

Hmmmm, yes, I think this is a little wierd, but it has got to be tough to be raw in the winter!