Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Spicy cucumber blueberry salad

Photobucket

I came across this recipe a few months ago. I bookmarked it and kept it in mind when I knew I would have a ton of cucumbers and have picked blueberries. That finally happened this week so I put it all together for a 4th of July meal. It was easy to put together. I chopped and assembled it all during naptime/quiettime to bring to my parent's house. My mom seemed interested in it. My dad, not so much. It came together easily and although I didn't measure I feel like I followed the recipe pretty closely. The one exception, I didn't add any cumin...I just sounded a little weird. Weird like watermelon-feta salad:

Photobucket

Now THAT would be crazy. (crazy delicious, but whatever!)

James, who loves blueberries and has been know to eat cucumbers, would not touch this. Too much "green stuff". Oh well!

No comments: