Tuesday, August 19, 2008

B's Spaghetti


This is KAJ's husband B writing. This is my go-to spaghetti. I make this when we want something with a lot of flavor but are short on time. Being from the midwest, we put sugar in everything except our tea, so it has a sweetness in the sauce, and thus our kids love it.

. For our family, we use a half a package or so of spaghetti. We use whole grain because it is fiberrific.

. For the sauce, combine a 26 oz can of your favorite sauce and a 14 oz can of diced tomatos. It's not because it's cheap, I swear. I really think it tastes better from the can...not the jar. I use Hunt's Traditional. It just has more flavor. Then add the following things:

. 2 tbsp olive oil

. 1 tsp garlic powder

. 1 tsp onion powder

. 1 tsp Italian seasoning

. a little salt and pepper

. 1/4 cup of your favorite red wine!

. 2 tbsp of sugar...or less if you don't like it sweet. It really is good though.


Let all that simmer on low for about 30 minutes. I try not to let it get too hot...just enough to let all the flavors come together.

Now, if you are like me and you cannot go one meal without having meat, I recommend adding some Johnsonville Hot Italian Sausage. I just put it in the oven for 30-40 minutes before dinner time. Then I pull it out, slice it and put it on top.

Anyway, this is my first time ever to blog, so I hope you enjoy B's Spaghetti.

2 comments:

wirrek said...

NICE!! You should blog more often.

Robin said...

KAJ, in your next post please share your secrets to getting a husband to cook! :)