Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Cinnamon Chip Oatmeal Muffins

muffin

This one may not count.

Awhile ago I was looking for some new muffin recipes and came across a basic oatmeal raisin recipe. Instead of raisins, I added some leftover cinnamon chips. Cinnamon chips are a neat ingredient that I am always looking to use. The main problem...they are consisdered a "seasonal" item and you can only buy them during the holidays. I used up the last of my bag making them this time. The cinnamon chips really add to the recipe because they kind of caramelize on the outside of the muffin. I think next time I make them, I may either make them healthier, by using half whole wheat flour, or tastier, by using butter.

Oatmeal Cinnamon Chip Muffins

1 cup flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
1 large egg
2 tbl oil
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup cinnamon chips

Preheat oven to 400. Mix flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon with a whisk. In another bowl mix eggs, oil, vanilla, and milk. Make a well in the center of dry ingredients, add milk mixture, and stir until just combined. Stir in cinnamon chips. Pour batter into 8 muffin cups. Bake 15 to 20 minutes.

1 comment:

KAJ said...

This totally counts!! You are the Muffin wo-MAN! You love muffins...Am I right?

Cinnamon Chips sound great and I am totally going to look for them this season. I love the cinnamon chip scones at SB!!