Friday, August 1, 2008

AUGUST 2008- Originals Only!!!

So, I had a couple of ideas for this month, but when it came down to it, I really wanted us all to share recipes that we had made up ourselves. I know that may not be the easiest challenge, but it seems like some of the best "recipes" aren't found in a cookbook, magazine or on the Internet. They are created in the kitchen! IT is time to share 'em. The idea is to post dishes that you created IE Kerri's Fruit Salad! What do you think?

So this can be things that you make all this time, but have never bothered to assign quantities to ingredients. OR, this could be sharing a recipe that at one time you followed exactly, but have alter to "make it your own". OR, just things that you have maybe tried at a restaurant and then attempted to recreate! Chal-longhe!

2 comments:

Mel said...

Good thing I'll be out of town a few weeks :)

Robin said...

Great idea! I had thought an idea like this would make for an interesting challenge. Plus, I'm officially home in the US now and need to get some southwest cooking inspiration so bring it on!