Thursday, April 16, 2009

Chicken Helper

I was inspired by KAJ's post for Hamburger Helper, so we decided to dive right in. After all, sometimes we all need a little* sodium in our diets (*the definition of little is a personal one).

So here it is:

Chicken Helper - jumbalaya style (1.50)
Chicken breasts - 1 lb (2.99)

DH had a salad, but I didn't, so I'm ignoring that cost.

Total: $4.49 (plus lunch the next day)

Not exactly the most nutritious option, but there really are affordable foods out there.

3 comments:

Robin said...

See, this is what I'm talking about with giving Helper another try ... I had no idea there was chicken helper!

KAJ said...

I didn't know about Chicken Helper either... do you have to add milk or anything to the mix? I knew there was a Tuna Helper...

Michelle said...

There was once a Pork Helper and Slow Cooker Helper too. Don't you love the Helper's trivia I can add? Hee hee.