Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Pesto Reprised


I know that pesto is nothing new to this blog, but I am excited that I can finally participate again so I'm posting it anyway! My recipe, and I use the term loosely, is similar to the one werrik posted previously, but I doubled everything except the lemon. Oh, and the previous recipe makes no mention of olive oil, which I'm guessing I added close to a quarter cup. I tossed it all with some sauteed julienned fennel and sliced zucchini from the garden, some diced tomatoes (not from our garden...yet), and rotini. My kids LOVE pesto so this was a big hit as always. The baby even got in on the action, though I hesitated a little due to the pine nuts. But he is #3, and you tend to make a lot of exceptions to the rules by #3.

I plan on using some of the remaining pesto for grilled pizzas later this week.

No comments: