Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Carrot Cashew Ginger Soup

I know sometimes you have to try them even though they sound weird.

Photobucket

Sorry about the bad picture. I forgot to take a good one. This is another recipe from Peas and Thank You. I was interested in trying it because I always seem to have carrots on hand and thought it would be good to make when we didn't seem to have anything else. In the book, it is billed as a comforting soup....a vegetarian chicken noodle, but it actually has some very strong curry flavors. I used my favorite "Hot Curry Powder" from Penzey's, but it turns out, it makes it a bit too spicy in this case. I was actually feeling under the weather when I ate this and although it wasn't necessarily comforting, it did clear my sinuses for a brief time.

It was ok. I would have to be in the right mood to make it again.

No comments: