Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Classic Tomato Soup


This recipe for Classic Tomato Soup from Everyday Food is one of our easy go-to soups on a busy weeknight. It tastes way better than the stuff from a can, and it's so easy I know I'll never go back to that other stuff.

My dear, sweet husband took President's Day off to stay at home with our 3 kids. After dragging them along on numerous errands, finishing up some projects at home, and taking them on a glass-bottomed boat ride at Aquarena Springs, he managed to have this ready when I got home from work (see--I told you it was easy). We ate our soup with avocado, tomato and mozzarella melts on homemade ciabatta (from Cook's Illustrated's Baking Illustrated cookbook--an awesome purchase if you're into baking). Definitely a cut above you're average grilled cheese and tomato soup meal!

1 comment:

Vivian Thiele said...

while the soup looks great... the sandwich sounds AMAZING!!