Thursday, August 16, 2007

Redmond Boys

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Last week I went to another produce stand in Seneca, SC called Redmond Boys. It is a fairly new one and they have a very cheesy commercial that my mom hates. I got zucchini, squash, green beans, corn on the cob, and blackberries. Because of that hard Easter freeze, the blackberries are very expensive, but I got them for a dollar off if I promised to mention Redmond Boys in my blog. So, if you are in Seneca, go to Redmond Boys and mention this blog. It is on Cherry St, right off of downtown.

For the blackberries, I broke out my ice cream maker for the first time this summer to make Blackberry-Buttermilk Sherbet from the June 2007 Cooking Light. Wow, this turned out really tasty and rich. It almost was like there was chocolate in it. Gosh, I wish I could have had some the second night...but we had a power outage for 12 hours and I am pretty sure this didn't not survive the freeze-thaw.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
(sorry about the picture quality. I am still having trouble with this new camera)

Last night I used the corn to make a Fresh Corn Salad from the August 2007 Cooking Light. This dish was very easy to make and definitely tasted fresh. You don't cook the corn, which seems weird, but it really worked. I would make this again, but it seemed like it was missing something...some parsley maybe? I served this with hamburgers topped with fresh tomato salsa and baked sweet potato fries.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: