Sunday, October 5, 2008

Product: store bought pie crust

*gasp*

My name is Kerri, and I use store bought pie crust. I have made homemade pie crust in the past, and yes, it is good, but there are several acceptable uses for a store bought one. I am not sure if this counts for this challenge, but I thought for sure this is something they wouldn't have in Europe!

After I had my baby, someone brought me a quiche for a new mom's meal. Then I saw this recipe in a Parenting magazine, and I found a new easy recipe! Eggs are still one of the cheapest protein sources and the quiche itself is so versitle for whatever you have on hand. Of course, couldn't do it without a store bought pie crust. I got the store brand, which I don't recommend, but it is a very forgivable pastry.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Robin said...

Of course it counts! Great recipe ... i love quiche and it is hard to find one without a bunch of cream in it. This looks great!