Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Veggie Muffalettas


I realized as I was about to eat this that it qualifies for this month's challenge! I used ciabatta, purchased from from a local bakery's booth at the farmer's market, topped with olive spread, portobellos, tomatoes, arugula (also from the farmers market), onions and melted provolone.

Olive Spread
1 cup Spanish olives
1/2 cup black or kalamata olives
2 cloves garlic
2-3 Tbsp red wine vinegar

Finely chop all ingredients in a food processor.

I served the mufaletta with sweet potato fries. I start by preheating the oven to 450, drizzle olive oil on a large rimmed baking sheet, and stick it in the oven to preheat while I'm cutting up the sweet potato. After about 10 minutes I throw the sweet potatoes on the hot baking sheet, drizzle them with oil, and sprinkle them with salt, pepper, and cumin. I bake them for about 20-25 minutes, turning once.

1 comment:

wirrek said...

YUM! Looks delicious!