Saturday, December 20, 2008

Charred Chili Relleno with Green Rice

This is my first contribution for our monthly challenge this December. Perhaps it's because I don't watch television. It took a while to record some stuff, watch it, and then decide to make it. But here you go. This is a Rachael Ray recipe and it was actually quite delicious. I do recommend the chihuahua cheese that's in the recipe, although you can sub monterrey jack.

DH and I give it two thumbs up. Make sure you get the seeds out though, or you'll be scrambling for ice cream later!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/charred-chili-relleno-with-green-rice-recipe/index.html

As a side note, the rice was so-so, but the chili relleno was first class.

2 comments:

wirrek said...

Sweet! If I ever get the rest of my peppers, I will totally try this!

Robin said...

Nice! I always order chile relleno at Mexican restaurants because it seems so difficult to make at home. Maybe I'll have to give it a try.