Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Black Beans with Cilantro

Photobucket

Ok, I like a lot of beans. My almost 2 year old is a bean eater and these are the only vegtable he will eat...not even sure if beans counts as a veggie, but I'll take it. At any rate, I discover this recipe last year to make for a church dinner and I have made it a few times since. This is a very simple recipe, but the results is very Gloria's black bean dip-like. This is really the first time I made it as written. Usually I make it with a full pound of beans (and a bigger pot). As written in a 2 qt pot, I had a hard time reducing the liquid.

Photobucket

To be quite honest, I always have trouble reducing the liquid. It never seems to reduce enough, and you can tell a lot had evaporated.

However, the beans were still good. I added a bit more salt and some fresh ground pepper. YUM! I served it with tacos made with penzey's taco seasoning...not bad!

Photobucket

No comments: