Saturday, November 20, 2010

I don't get it

Photobucket

I made a similar acorn squash recipe to the one that was already posted on this blog, but I just didn't get it. My husband called it a fall baked potato, because I just went ahead and mixed it all up for serving. Not sure if that is what I was suppose to do.

The recipe was a little odd. Cut open squash, scoop out seeds. Bake cut side down for 30 minutes at 350. Turn over, and put 1 T butter and 1 T brown sugar in one half. Put other half on top and bake for another 30 minutes (I just put butter and brown sugar in both and baked it cut side up).

Photobucket

We didn't really like this. Well, it was ok. Maybe we didn't cook it long enough, maybe we just didn't like the texture of the squash, who knows. I served it with pecan crusted chicken.

But it was easy!

1 comment:

Vivian Thiele said...

acorn squash does have a bit of a yam like taste to it and adding the sweetness to it only makes it more so. Sorry you weren't won over by this. Hope you give some of the other squash varieties a try! Thanks for being part of the challenge.