Sunday, November 14, 2010

Pumpkin Gingersnaps



I'm going to agree with Wirrek that pumpkins are fair game for this challenge.

Pumpkin Gingersnaps from Peas and Thank You. I used regular butter (not vegan), but followed everything else in the recipe. Mine didn't end up crispy, but I really liked the chewiness of them. They were a big hit in our house and will be made again soon.
One thing I like about vegan cookie recipes is that you can eat the dough raw. I also like that I can let the kids help and lick their fingers with no worries of salmonella.

3 comments:

wirrek said...

I'm a microbiologist and always eat raw cookie dough! I live on the edge! Thanks for posting, my son actually said yesterday he wanted to make pumpkin cookies. Well....ok!

Susan said...

Sounds like someone likes cookie dough!
;-)
Thanks for the link to the recipe.

Vivian Thiele said...

I'm a raw cookie dough addict myself.... bad for the health, I know. I would rather eat raw chocolate chip cookie dough than a baked one! LOL!! Pumpkin counts as a squash for me. Thanks for playing along.