Sunday, November 21, 2010

Spaghetti Squash

"That was my first Spaghetti Squash experience", said my husband. And it was mine as well, but I think I like it. It really is pasta-ish and neutral. The kids kinda went with it, but didn't eat very much.

First, you have to bake it in the oven for 30-40 minutes drizzled with oil and salt and pepper.



Then you kinda shred the flesh and it comes out like spaghetti...It's hot:)
I just topped the kids with regular spaghetti sauce, like THIS recipe and served it with deer sausage(which they ate all of).


For ours, I modified THIS recipe. I like it, but everyone else was hesitant...


2 comments:

Vivian Thiele said...

I've never tried Spaghetti squash either... always been a bit hesitent with the texture. I feel more brave after reading your post. Thanks for being part of the challenge!

Juliet said...

We eat chili over spaghetti squash and love it! I make it in the microwave, steam the halves under saran wrap in a dish of water for 8-12 minutes.