Saturday, February 19, 2011

Strawberry Cupcakes

Photobucket

I signed up to bring the sweet for James's valentine's party. In the spirit of this challange, I decided to make strawberry cupcakes. After a quick google search, I found this recipe on Martha Stewarts site. I know, right? However, the recipe seemed perfectly reasonable and not to fancy. They also are Non-Vegan.

The boys helped me make the cupcake portion. You do add strawberries to the batter, but I was disappointed in the weak non-red color.

Photobucket

You also add strawberry to the icing. The color was better, but still more pink instead of red.

Photobucket

All in all, these were really good, but it was really the frosting that did it. It had a very strong strawberry flavor, while the cupcake part was kind of dense. Really, the best cupcakes come out of a box. There, I said it. Use a box! Make your own frosting!

No comments: