Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tomato Basil Soup...and sandwich

So I did follow this recipe that was suppose to be a copy cat of La Madeline's Tomato Basil soup and I must admit, it was pretty close:) The real star of this meal was the sandwiches.

I made myself some pesto to spread on my toasted bread. Then I roasted some red peppers to put on my "Red Pepper, Spinach, and Mozzarella with Pesto Spread Sandwich". IT WAS SOOOOO GOOD!! I got the idea from a panini I saw at Starbuck's. I really enjoyed it

B wend with the Roasted Red Pepper and Cream cheese Sandwich. Ever since Kerri got that recipe published in Cooking Light, he is a sucker for this combo!! He let me have a quarter and it was pretty good!!


This soup is so rich you really shouldn't try to eat a bowl full:) Red soup and Sandwich!!


3 comments:

Vivian Thiele said...

anything with pesto can't be bad! Great idea!

Michelle said...

Mmmmm. Pesto. Mmmmm.

Wait, Kerri is published in Cooking Light? How did I not know that?

wirrek said...

That is correct. I submitted a reader recipe. It was for roasted red pepper and bagel sandwiches. I didn't say anything they say I did. It has taken me like 10 min to type this so I am going to bed!