Monday, September 19, 2011

Black Bean Salad

So, thanks to some of Kerri's posts, I've started checking out this blog and found lots of yummy things. I was intrigued by the barbecue tofu since it has been a looooong time since I've had anything barbecued. Corn on the cob seemed like a natural companion, but I was stumped for what else to serve with it. After raiding the pantry and fridge, I came up with this black bean salad. I must admit that though the tofu was yummy, it was the salad that everyone wanted seconds of--no leftovers! This salad would also be good with frozen or fresh corn off-the-cob mixed in. As I was eating it, I occurred to me that a little Cotija or mild feta would have been a nice addition.

1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/4-1/3 cup red onion, finely diced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1 avocado, diced
1/4 cup minced cilantro
2-3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
2-3 Tbsp live oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients. Serve cold or at room temp.

No comments: