Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Whole wheat banana oat muffins.


I've been looking for some good things to pack inside lunches now that school is back in session and refrigeration is not an option. I found this recipe for whole wheat banana oat muffins. Halfway through the recipe I realized I didn't have any eggs, so I substituted about 2 tablespoons of applesauce and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder. Despite my last minute change-up, they turned out great.


Whole wheat banana oat muffins

1 c. oats
3 tbsp. sugar
1 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 c. mashed bananas
1/4 c. milk
2 tbsp. oil

Mix well and bake at 350°F for about 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of a cupcake comes out clean. Makes 12 muffins. I used a mini muffin pan and ended up with about 36 little muffins.



Finally, I had to post the photo of my version of Kerri's roasted veggie wraps. If you haven't made it yet, Yum Sauce is awesome! Of course, we had to add feta to our wraps.
You'll notice a bunch of cookie cutters in the above photo of the wrap. I guess sugar cookies count as a take-along food, too?

No comments: