Saturday, January 10, 2009

Crunchy Romaine

Photobucket

My aunt gave me this recipe and I think I had made it once before, but this was the first time in a long time. My mom and sister actually made this over the holidays. I am going to give the recipe as I made it because it ended up not like the original at all.

Topping:
1 pkg ramen noodles with no flavor packet, crushed
handful of pecans, chopped
2T butter
- Saute ramen noodles and pecans in butter until toasted. Cool
- *can freeze forever

Dressing:
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tsp sesame oil
3 TB rice wine vinegar
3 TB white wine vinegar
1 TB honey
1 T soy sauce
- put in jar with lid and shake well

Salad:
Torn romaine (BITE SIZE!)
thinly sliced radishes
grated carrots
chopped green onions
2 tsp dressing
2 TB topping

2 comments:

KAJ said...

2 tsp of dressing?!?!?! What? That's crazy! It seems like that wouldn't be enough, was it okay?

wirrek said...

Oh yeah, we don't like a lot of dressing.