Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My curry chicken salad

Photobucket

My curry chicken salad was based on a recipe from Cooking Light. It had a bunch of interesting stuff in it, like nuts, grapes, but I never had that stuff on hand. So, I just did a basic chicken salad and added curry powder to it. Not just any curry powder, but Penzey's hot curry powder. Curry can be a little wierd and overpowering, but the penzey's has a nice balance and the little bit of heat really adds something. So, here is my basic recipe:

~1 cup cooked chopped chicken
1 green onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
1/3 cup grated carrots
1/2 cup plain yogurt
healthy pinch salt
a couple of shakes of Penzey's hot curry powder
- mix together and serve on sliced crossant

3 comments:

Robin said...

I'm going to try a little curry powder in my next chicken salad ... I'm so curious now with all these postings!

KAJ said...

Yogurt? Really? Interesting...

Mel said...

Glad you posted it. Maybe next month will be curried chicken salad month.