Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Egg Salad

After the last recipe, I am almost embarrassed to post this.

eggsalad

I had somehow ended up with a ton of eggs in my fridge to use up, and decided to make an egg salad for lunch this weekend. I think I have mentioned before that I was never a fan of these salads before because I don't like mayonaise. I still am not a fan, but with many of these recipes, I just sub yogurt or sour cream. This recipe interested me because it was similar to a chicken salad I make. I baked the eggs using the Alton Brown hard cooked eggs method (bake eggs at 325 for 30 minutes) and then made this salad for lunch. It was ok. As Mark said, "I prefer your chicken salad" and I think the fact that it was close, but not quite was a little annoying. I wish I would have tried some different herbs like dill, or maybe added some mustard. Oh well, some other time. Hopefully I will get around to making my chicken salad before this month is over.

1 comment:

KAJ said...

That looks awesome and would be a HUGE hit in our house!! B's favorite!!!