Sunday, January 27, 2008

From my sis

That is KAJ if any of you don't know. For some reason, she can't log onto blogger, or even get it to come up so she wanted me to post this for her.

FYI! This month has been amazing for me...I have lost 5 lbs and I hope to keep it up. Thank you so much you your vegetarian recipes. I have tried Robin's gnocchis and Kerri's Red pepper lasanga...broiled my own red peppers and everything:) With our trip to Hawaii and school starting this semester, I have been super busy, but LOVE all the recipes and can't wait to try them! I went to a get-together on Fri and took the infamous Tex Mex black bean dip...so easy and delic, my husband had to point out it was vegetarian...

Sautee 1 diced onion and 1 garlic minced garlic clove
Add some cumin and chili pepper to taste with salt and pepper
add one can of diced tomato and 1/3+ C salsa with a can of rinse/drained black beans to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
Mash beans with potatoe masher and remove from heat. Add juice from 1 lime, 1 cup cheese, and 1/4 C chopped cilantro

This bean dip is requested whenever I come to a party! It rules and is in Kerri's greatest hits...more or less!


As for me, I am planning on making lbmartinez's black bean soup tonight...I'll post later to say how it went.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Hope you had a great time in Hawaii ... I remember Kerri claiming that the best Caesar Salad was made in Hawaii (I forget the restaurant name) .. hopefully you got to experience it! Welcome back!