Monday, January 21, 2008

Spinach Calzone

calzone

This is an oldie but goodie that many of you will find in your Kerri's Greatest Hits Cookbook. Ahhhh, one of my first forays into vegetarian cooking...I had just discovered the joys of RRP (roasted red peppers) at the time and found they were great paired with spinach. This meal is one I like to have the Monday after traveling. After a fun weekend of eating out and having fun, it helps me to get back on track. Plus, all the ingredients are easy to have around. It is a very filling meal with a salad, but I usually can't be bothered. I slice an apple and call it good. Even James seems to like this one...but not as much as the apple!

A few notes, be sure to drain the spinach very well, or you will have watery filling. I would not recommend reducing the fat anymore than the recipe states (mel!) for the same reason.

No comments: