Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Roasted Red Pepper Lasagna

lasanga

I printed out this recipe for red pepper lasagna like a year ago, and only got around to making it for this challenge. Basically, I love anything with roasted red pepper! This recipe has a lot of little steps, but none of them take a long time. I even roasted my own peppers and haven't done that in years (um, did you know you can buy them in jars?). The red peppers go into a tomato sauce that I was worried would be too heavy on the tomatoes, but the red pepper flavor really came through. I loved the how the bechamel sauce made this dish taste really rich. I might have to make one for all my lasagnas/zitis. A downfall is that it is a pretty light meal...light meaning, not very filling. Really, there really isn't a whole lot going on here, no heavy cheese filling or meat sauce that you find in a lot of baked pastas. I am still hungry, but it might be just my current phase of pregnancy. However, this dish was good enough that all I am thining of is having another piece! If I make this again, I would probably add some spinach for extra nutritional value.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Wow, this sounds incredible. I love roasted red pepper anything. I'm going to have to move this up to the top of my list to make this month. In my opinion, besciamelle sauce is so worth the extra step in a lasagna. And, I think it's probably worth the extra step of roasting your own peppers to avoid a briny taste in your sauce perhaps. Great post ... thanks for sharing!

KAJ said...

I am making this tomorrow for B's marathon(1/2) carbo-load:) It better not suck!!!