Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Garlic Chicken and Peppers with Beans

Finally, a winner!

onepot1

I found this recipe on epicurious when looking for something to use my Rancho Gordo Runner Cannellini Beans in. When I saw this was also a one pot meal, I figured it was meant to be. It did end up being simple to put together. Just a little prep work, let it cook, a little, more prep work, more cooking, and walla - dinner was done! I used chicken thighs because that is all my grocery store had (weird) and dried sage. The dried worked well, I would be concerned that fresh sage might overpower the dish. I could see thyme and rosemary working in this dish as well. The directions don't say to chop the garlic, so I left most whole, except for one clove, which I sliced. Perfect. Lots of garlic flavor, but not harsh. I served it more soup like, and tried to convince Mark that it was not a soup, but a sauce. I don't think he bought it. He still wants to know when the bacon challenge is!

onepot2

1 comment:

Robin said...

Wow, what an incredible looking dish .. what a find! Those beans look amazingly plump! I wish I could have been there to smell it cooking!