Sunday, March 2, 2008

Swiss-style Cheese Bake

cheesebake

I made this recipe from Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything Vegatarian. My apologies to anyone else with this book who might have been planning on making this ;). I actually don't own the book, I just got it off of my cooking light message board. Love that board.

I used white potatoes, with peels, that had been roasted, and broccoli that had been steamed. I just used swiss cheese (what's it called? The long word that starts with and E?) and I did add the walnuts.

All in all, it wasn't a bad recipe. I think it would be great for leftovers, and I may even plan to make extra potatoes and broccoli one day to make this the next, but I don't think I would made it from stratch like I did. Couldn't help but think while I was eating it that it would make a great side with some simple grilled meat. It was super cheesey though...YUM!!

3 comments:

JustMelanie said...

Emmental!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmental_%28cheese%29

KristiB said...

YUM!!! I own the book and love it. I've had way more hits than misses and I haven't even put a dent in the myriad of recipes.

Robin said...

You can keep the Bittman recipes coming. I don't know if you have ever leafed through this cookbook but it is HUGE and every recipe contains 10 variations. There is no way you could ever get bored with this book in a lifetime! I don't even know where to begin with it.